Saturday, March 30, 2013

Encountering Atheism

How do you Encounter Atheism?

Today, I started to wonder about atheism. I thought about the reasons for it
and why it is so easy to fall into. While I was thinking I came up with the question, "How does a good Christian respond to atheism?" I researched it, and I found some good advice. The most important thing to remember is that we are to love everyone, including atheists. This being said, the atheists are not to be insulted and rejected by us, but comforted by our faith. Never assume that an atheist doesn't believe in God because of personal trauma, but that they simply have not seen enough to proof to validate his existence in their eyes.This being said, politely remind them of why you believe in God. If you don't have any, find some. They are just as helpful to your own faith as they are to the faith of others. One of my favorites is to examine the soul. To realize that you must be more than a bundle of elements and chemical bonds. To realize that you are more than a body but a soul leads you to believe in the spiritual, and therefore believe in God. I'm Going to expand on this Idea in my next post

No comments:

Post a Comment